(Last Updated: February 24, 2009)
At KEEN, Inc. ("KEEN," "we," or "us"), we are committed
how personal information is collected from users of the KEEN website at www.keenfootwear.com
(the "Site"), and how that information is used and disclosed. By using
our Site, you consent to the terms of this Policy.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time and will notify you of such
changes by posting the modified Policy on our Site and indicating at the top of
the Policy the date it was last updated. If there are material changes to this Policy,
we will notify you more directly.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You provide personal information to us in a number of ways when you visit the Site.
For example, you provide us with personal information when you:
- create or update an account or profile and subscribe to our e-mail newsletter or
other services ("Services");
- purchase KEEN products on the Site;
- participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions on the Site;
- contact us by e-mail for any reason, such as to request help with the Services,
or to provide us with your comments/feedback;
- submit personal information in connection with photos/stories for our potential
use and/or publication.
We may collect your name, image, billing and shipping addresses, e-mail address,
phone number, credit card number and expiration date. We may also collect certain
demographic information in connection with your participation in any survey, contest,
sweepstakes, or promotion on the Site such as gender, birth day and month, city,
state and country, websites and personal interests.
Additionally, when you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected,
such as your computer's operating system and browser type, version, and capabilities
Protocol (IP) address and the time and date of your visit, the referring site (if
applicable), as well as screen resolution, color and depth. This information is
tracked through the use of web beacons, cookies and logs.
Cookies. We may automatically collect certain information through the use
of "cookies." Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer
by your browser at the request of a Web site to store your personal preferences.
of computers accessing the Site, to personalize your experience, and to remember
your preferences. If your browser is set not to accept cookies or if you reject
a cookie, you may not be able to access certain features or services of the Site.
Web Beacons. "Web beacons" (also known as "web bugs,"
"action tags," "pixel trackers," or "clear GIFs")
may also be used on the Site or in our emails. Web beacons are small graphic images
placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an e-mail message that allow the
collection of certain information and monitor user activity on the Site or in emails.
Web beacons are invisible because of their size (only 1 by 1 pixel) and because
they are the same color as the background of the web page. Web beacons are used
to collect the IP address of the computer that the Web beacon is sent to, the URL
of the page the Web user comes from and the time the Web beacon is activated (such
as when you view the webpage, advertisement, or e-mail that contains the Web beacon).
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, we use personal information collected on the Site to provide the Services
and otherwise process transactions on the Site, to provide support for the Services,
to respond to user requests and inquiries, to maintain a record of our dealings
with Site users, to develop and improve products and services, to inform users about
products or services we think will be of interest and to allow users to connect
or search for other customers that share similar interests.
When we use your personal information in our marketing efforts, we provide you with
choices (see "Choice," below). We may also receive information from third
parties with whom we have business relationships, and may combine this information
with the other personal information we maintain about you (for example, we may receive
updated information about you, such as an updated billing address, from the financial
institution issuing your credit card in connection with billing for KEEN products).
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The HybridLife section of the Site is designed as an open and public social community
for connecting and sharing with other people. When you sign up you will be asked
to provide your email address and your name. Your name will be displayed publicly
along with photos, stories, posts, and other information you choose to provide in
your profile including your city, state, country, birth day and month, gender, and
your Web site, blog, and social networking URLS. Certain data such as last name,
birthday and gender can be provided to Keen without displaying to others by choosing
settings of "Don't display." Except for first name, if there is other
information you do not want displayed publicly, you may choose not to include it
in your profile.
We may also post or publish your information when you submit comments, stories,
photos, and videos in connection with surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions
offered on the Site.
We do not share, sell, trade, or rent personal information to third parties, including
for their own marketing purposes without your prior consent except in the limited
circumstances described in this Policy. We may share personal information with third-party
vendors who assist us in operating our business. These functions may include, for
example, analyzing traffic information or other data, providing marketing assistance
to us, mailing items, processing credit card transactions, and fulfilling or delivering
orders. In all cases, we limit the information shared with our third-party vendors
to that which is necessary to carry out those functions.
We also disclose personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply
with the law (e.g., a subpoena, warrant or court order) or respond to lawful requests
and legal process; to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements;
to initiate, render, bill and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect the rights
and property of Keen, our agents, our community members, our customers' and others;
to protect our community members, customers and others from fraudulent, abusive,
or unlawful use of the Site or Services; or if we reasonably believe that disclosure
is needed to respond to an emergency or protect the personal safety of any person.
In addition, information about our customers, including personally identifiable
information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of any merger, acquisition,
debt financing or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency,
bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be
transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet.
The Site is not designed to collect personal information from children who are under
13 years of age, and we do not intend to or knowingly collect such information.
If you are under 13, you should not provide personal information on our Site.
We use reasonable security measures in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized
access, disclosure, destruction and alteration of information while it is under
our control. We cannot, however, guarantee the protection of information against
such events, nor can we promise that your information may be not be disclosed or
accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
When you register for an account on the Site, we ask you to create a password. To
protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password
confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all
uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately
if you believe your password has been misused or otherwise misappropriated.
To opt-out of receiving marketing or other promotional communications from us, to
access, change or delete your personal information maintained by us, or to otherwise
change your choices about how we use your personal information we provide you with
the following options: you may (1) follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions
contained in the communication from us; (2) e-mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (3) write to us at the following address with your
Attn: Online Customer Service
926 N.W. 13th Ave., Suite 210
Portland, Oregon 97209
Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, including security
alerts and notices about your current account and services.
The My Profile section of the HybridLife Community also allows you to set your preferences
about what is displayed to others. The My Account section also allows you to modify
your HybridShop billing and shipping information.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or concerns about this Policy
or would like to contact us for any reason, you may reach us via e-mail at
email@example.com. Thanks for visiting www.KEENfootwear.com!
KEEN, INC. Official Contest Rules Effective 5/1/2010
By participating, you agree that:
- THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AGE 18 OR OLDER (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN ENTRANT'S STATE OF RESIDENCE). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the KEEN. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by the KEEN.
- The contest drawing shall be held at KEEN in Portland, Oregon or the then location of the current contest. All tickets must be received by the drawing date to be eligible for the drawing.
- Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the KEEN contest and no purchase or consideration is necessary.
- Winner has ten (10) days to take delivery of the prize or make other arrangements with KEEN unless presence is stipulated by the specific contest.
- Winner notification will be made by telephone, email, mail or in person depending on the location and specific additional rules of the contest.
- The contest period will be as stated for your specific contest on the entry form/ticket provided. All entries must be received by the deadline to be eligible to win a prize
- Successive alternate backup winners will be drawn and held by the KEEN judges, but not announced in case the first winner does not claim the prize as stipulated by the rules or is otherwise ineligible.
- Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Winner(s) may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of KEEN.
- Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, transfer fees, license duties, insurance and all expenses in claiming, registering and using the prize. This may include sales taxes and property taxes. KEEN has no liability with regard to taxes and fees for the prize.
- In the event the prize is lost, damaged, destroyed, or otherwise not available, KEEN’s liability shall be limited to refund of ticket price to participants. KEEN’s liability for any other claim is limited to refund of ticket prices.
- Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by KEEN, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
- KEEN reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event its liability is limited to refund of ticket prices to participants.
- Entries by KEEN or Co-Sponsors’ employees, board members and their immediate families are prohibited. Immediate family includes spouse, children, and children’s spouse.
- For a copy of the winner names, visit www.keenfootwear.com or send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after the contest but within thirty (30) days of the contest ending to Sponsor at the address this address: Attn: KEEN Contest Winners List
926 NW 13th Ave. Suite 210
Portland, Oregon 97209
Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.
- The contest and all accompanying materials are copyright 2010 by Sponsor. All rights are reserved.